Innovation Challenge for Video Conferencing Solution: Rewards upto 2.4 Crore
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) announces an Innovation Challenge for Development of a Video Conferencing Solution under the Digital India Programme.
During these unprecedented times brought about by the sudden outbreak of COVID-19 affecting all nations across globe and everybody stuck at home, working remotely. It is getting evident that in the coming days businesses are going to become more reliant than ever on the digital platforms to connect and communicate. In many cases switching to digital alternatives will be the deciding factor in whether we are able to make it through the tough times ahead or not.
MeitY announces the challenge to develop a Video Conferencing Solution showing capabilities in terms of scalability, market reach and domestic value addition. The solution will get a contract to deploy their solution for use by Government of India, State Government entities for a period of 4 years.
The challenge will be conducted in three stages:
- Ideation (Stage-1): Teams will have to propose their innovative and cutting edge ideas of their solution. Top 10 teams would be selected from this stage.
- Prototype (Stage-2): Build the prototype of the solution. These shortlisted entries from Stage-1 will get a chance to present their prototypes to a distinguished Jury. Top 3 teams will be shortlisted for the Final Stage.
- Solution Building (Final Stage): The winner will get a fixed amount of INR 1 Crore along with certificate from the Hon’ble Minister of Electronics & IT towards deploying the solution for use by Government of India and State Governments for a year and further support @ Rs 10 lakhs per year towards Operations & Maintenance.
Awards & Recognition
- Recognition and certificate from MeitY for “innovative solution” for "the Innovation Challenge for Development of Video Conferencing Solution " for the top 10 entries selected from Stage-1. Each selected team will receive a funding of INR 5 Lakh to build their prototype.
- The teams would present their prototypes to a distinguished Jury to select top three (3) entries. The best three entries of the Stage-2 each selected team will receive INR 20 Lakh to build their solution following the design principles and best practices.
- The winning team with the best-judged solution will receive Rs INR 1 Crore in the first year and an additional support @ Rs 10 lakhs per year towards Operations & Maintenance, for a peroid of 3 years after the first year of deployment subject to terms and condition of the final contract to be signed.